Monday, March 18, 2013
About Me
Hello to the internet, Miss Tyson, and classmates! My name is Lida, and I took the picture above a few years ago. I used to live around there, although not in that exact field (I had a house). It was taken in North Yorkshire, England. The North doesn't have the best reputation around the South, but I can confirm that it is lovely and the inhabitants are friendly and have adorable accents.
This is a picture of my dog, Dewey. We named him after the Dewey Decimal System, since my family likes to read. He loves to meet people and go for romps through the forest. But to be honest I mostly included his picture for the cute factor: look at the little pumpkin!
One of my favorite things to do is travel. Last year I took a trip to Paris. It's absolutely gorgeous and if anyone ever wants Paris-vacation-advice I could go on for hours. This is the scary view from the Eiffel Tower--it's fun because when you look down from the top, you can see tiny ant-sized tourists taking your picture.
I want to work in the fashion industry in the future, which was a huge influence in choosing the topic of fast fashion for this blog. The above picture is from Mary Katrantzou's Fall '11 collection, one of my favorites. I really admire Mary Katrantzou's vision and creativity, and the things she does with prints are enough to make me cry. And now you can, too--those fish look like they could swim right off her skirt.
The last thing you should know about me is that I really like Les Misérables. Meaning, I've read the entire book, seen the musical and film many times, and have about six different versions of the soundtrack on my iPod. Les Mis has really influenced how I think about and treat others. What I'm trying to say is: at least watch the movie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love your pictures! I think it is so cool that you lived in England! Cant wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDeleteLida! I am completely in love with your dog. I want a bulldog so bad. I also think your love for the fashion industry is really neat. Who knows, maybe I'll read about you in a magazine some day! Looking forward to reading the rest of your blog :)
ReplyDelete